Insurance + Innovation + Culture = Magic
Everyone on our team is responsible for the positive results we’ve had so far, and we’re just getting started. Together we can create an environment where you thrive and our customers benefit from our dedication to awesome products and service. What could be better?
Open Positions in Waltham, MA
Open Positions in Fairport, NY
Provides advanced service and technical product support to our internal and external clients. Possess advanced commercial insurance knowledge for the products and services offered by AP Intego. Mitigates risk, and exposure through accurate recording keeping and timely resolution for our carriers and clients.
- Current Property & Casualty License
- Bachelors/Associates degree
- Solving insurance needs for P&C commercial lines insurance policies for current clients/policyholders. Minimum 3 years experience.
- Identify any gaps in coverage to ensure client has proper coverage.
- Maintains and expands knowledge of commercial lines of business; Workers’ Compensation, Business Insurance, General Liability to support AP Intego product offerings.
- Detail orientation in everything you do: there is a lot of customer and policy information flying by you – having a keen eye here is essential
- Fearless in a fast paced environment and able to work on multiple tasks at once
- Personal standard for excellence: a demonstrated capacity to produce work with few/no errors
- Customer focus; ability to deliver delightful service and fix the occasional customer issues with grace
- Problem solving and drive to do what it takes to keep the customer happy
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and manage time effectively
- Positive “can do” attitude and a desire to contribute to a growing, energetic work environment
- Experience and comfort using a variety of software tools from Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel to Google docs/office, to policy management and accounting systems
- Comfort working with technology and a general familiarity with a variety of functional web systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Industry competitive salary + end of year bonus based on company profit and individual performance
- 401k plus Employer match, health, dental, life and disability insurance.
- The opportunity to work on a great team in a vibrant, entrepreneurial environment where suits are discouraged!
- Opportunities for advancement, and a chance to develop and expand your knowledge of the insurance industry.
As part of the Sales team, your primary mission will be to help provide our small business customers with peace of mind – the knowledge that they have the proper insurance protection for their business. You will do this by reaching out to new referrals, to solicit and quote commercial insurance policies, and by working with existing customers from our existing national book of business to expand coverage where necessary. Your responsibilities are focused on contacting all prospective clients within target time frames and developing relationships with referral sources and carrier contacts to successfully sell. You will be counted on to work closely with prospective customers to educate them on the benefits of our programs and products while ensuring all accounts are underwritten within carrier guidelines.
Everyone is asked to meet or exceed minimum monthly production numbers for unit and/or revenue and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. The best candidates are team players that have knack for focusing on each individual sales experience to give clients an amazing buying experience.
On an as needed basis, you may also participate in various projects as we develop the best ways to scale for growth. To achieve your goals, you’ll collaborate daily with team members in customer service, new accounts, and customer care.
Skills / Qualifications:
- An active NYS Property and Casualty license is required
- 1-3 years of experience working within a commercial lines agency or insurance carrier
- Proven ability to use sales and selling techniques such as securing critical risk information, identifying and overcoming objections, solving prospect or policyholder problems, generating interest, asking for the sale and conducting follow-up to convert leads to sales
- Understanding of insurance coverages afforded by the current ISO forms to include but not limited to BOP, GL, Commercial Auto, E&O, D&O, Workers Compensation and EPLI.
- Track record of outstanding team performance
- Strong commitment to ethics
- A positive attitude and propensity for helping others
- Ability to educate and recommend coverage tailored to the risk while at the same time balancing profitability and retention
- Be highly organized and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- An independent thinker and exhibit strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster internal referral relationships on the team.
- Comprehensive computer skills are required with a working knowledge of carrier quoting systems.
What We Offer:
- Industry competitive salary + quarterly variable compensation based on production
- End of year bonus based on company profit and individual performance
- 401k plus employer match, health, dental, life and disability insurance
- Entrepreneurial environment where suits are discouraged!