Food and Drink


Protecting your place to eat and drink.

Owning a restaurant is exciting. The kitchen is buzzing, the oven is hot, and employees are racing through the door with trays on their shoulders. But with all of the hustle and bustle comes risk. If you own a restaurant or cafe, you’ll need to purchase the right insurance policy to protect your business from a number of risks specific to your industry.

If you have employees, and to comply with state laws, you need workers’ comp insurance. You need protection for your space (whether leased or owned), your property and your inventory. You need coverage in place in the event of an accident involving customers and employees. If your business uses vehicles, you need commercial auto insurance to cover you in the event of an accident. And if you serve alcohol, you’ll want to be protected with liquor liability coverage. To save time and money, you can combine nearly all restaurant coverages you need into a single business owner’s policy (BOP).

Need more information? Speak with one of our insurance experts to find the right coverage for your business.

The policies you need.

General Liability

You’re covered in case of customer lawsuits, such as “slip and fall” cases.

Commercial Property

This policy covers your business for many kinds of property damage.

Workers’ Comp

Covers you and your employees in the case of an employee injury.

Liquor Liability

Coverage for lawsuits over the actions of an intoxicated customer.

Find out if a BOP is right for you.

A business owner’s policy (BOP) is a packaged insurance policy that contains all of the essentials most restaurants need. A BOP combines the two primary commercial coverage types – general liability and property insurance – into one, affordable policy. This packaged policy covers the widest range of risks that the average business owner faces: protection from lawsuits, damage to their business space and property loss.

There are also many add-ons that can be included in a business owner’s policy to protect the unique needs and risks inherent in any small business. For example, food spoilage, a coverage that can reimburse you for the cost of your lost food and beverages due to a power outage, equipment breakdown or other scenarios, can be added to a BOP.

Additional coverages we recommend.


Business Interruption

Coverage for lost income if a business must close temporarily.


Dependent Property

Income coverage for when a business or property you rely on closes.


Equipment Breakdown

Coverage for necessary repairs to your important equipment.


Food Contamination

These coverages protect your investment in food inventory.